The cultural transformation is one of the prime challenges on the way to digitalisation. The commitment of employees and their identification with the culture are decisive for the success and competitiveness of companies.
The digital age calls for employees who can work with self-determination and possess a positive basic orientation to change. They are pragmatic visionaries with the ability to amend their routines and thought patterns.
A vital instrument for activating cultural transformation in the process of digitalisation is the method of management. Executives are still seen as role models who delegate and motivate.
They must be able to make rapid and target-oriented decisions and deal correctly with finding processes or conflicts within the team.
Throughout the transformation process the following management skills are decisive:
- Workforce motivation via visions and realistic goals
- Giving priority to team results over personal ego
- Strengthening problem-solution competencies, promoting readiness for accepting responsibility
- Allowing employees to decide what, how, when and with whom they wish to work
- Encouraging employees, interchanging experience and knowledge
- Developing solutions and alternatives within the team
- Prompting employees to be experimental, question the customary, learn from mistakes
- Allowing employees to independently and flexibly acquire new skills
- Learning, forgetting and learning anew, upholding critical faculties and promoting creativity
Cyriax supports companies in their digital transformation process. We help the organisation to establish a culture of learning, to continually widen a team’s skills, reflect on one’s own actions, pinpoint improvements, concentrate on customer benefits and cultivate a climate of agility. To learn more, contact Hans-Ulrich Cyriax on firstname.lastname@example.org.